You probably don’t give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be very good to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Greeley Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out all you should know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to reach out to refrigerator repair Greeley.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard appliance for a lot of years now. A residential refrigerator is able to store your food at the optimal temperature, in order to eliminate spoiling and stop the growth of bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the outside, relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main components of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Greeley Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional service if the compressor is not working.
A condenser is attached on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and helps to disperse the heat built-up from inside the refrigerator out in the air.
The evaporator is located in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth held within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the unit.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to hire a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid coolant is carried through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat will regulate the temperature within the refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Greeley for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the next cool down starts. The unit draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor directs the hot gas towards the condenser coils located on the exterior of the appliance, where it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the many coils on the inside of the refrigerator and freezer compartment.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from within the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and will return back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in a number of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from a single place and relocating it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a house, creates a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Greeley Appliance Repair.
Greeley Appliance Repair is able to repair nearly all common brands of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced repairman in Greeley undergo training to fix cooling issues, ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart controls and countless other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working